You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the charger from my old iPad with my new iPad Pro?

So I just purchased a new 12.7 iPad Pro. It uses USB-C to USB-C for charging.

I am coming from an older iPad that used Lightning. I understand not being able to use the cables themselves, but what about the chargers? Could I change and but a USB-C to USB cable to make use of all the chargers I have? Or should I bite the bullet and buy a bigger USB-C Charger?

Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 11:15 AM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2021 11:39 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes...sorry...fingers messed up on the version.

So it came with what you mentioned. One of the first thing I usually purchase is a longer charging cord and a more powerful power adapter (as I find the cord that comes with it is usually too short and the adapter takes a while to charge). So I actually already have a lot of adapters, but they are all USB-A, not C.

So my question is, if I buy a USB-C to USB-A charge cable (so I can still use my other adapters), am I losing anything? Or should I purchase both a cable and adapter for the USB-C?

Can I use the charger from my old iPad with my new iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.