You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Battery Draining after update to ios15.1.1

My iPhone 12 battery have been draining faster after I updated to ios15.1.1 it happens without me using the phone . I charged it at 11am to 76 % by 6pm the battery has drained to 10%. All this while the phone was laying down.

kindly advise what I should do.

thanks

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:34 AM

Hi tetteh66.

After installing a new update there will be some significant increase in battery usage. This is normal due to updating configurations and settings.

This will take time to settle down and I am pretty sure things will be normal very soon.

I have updated my iPhone 13 Pro max to iOS 15.1.1 and noticed some increase in battery consumption and now all is good and back to normal after 24 hours.

If you still experience the same issue after a while try to visit this link:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Let is know how it goes.

Peace!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2021 9:34 AM in response to tetteh66

Hi tetteh66.

After installing a new update there will be some significant increase in battery usage. This is normal due to updating configurations and settings.

This will take time to settle down and I am pretty sure things will be normal very soon.

I have updated my iPhone 13 Pro max to iOS 15.1.1 and noticed some increase in battery consumption and now all is good and back to normal after 24 hours.

If you still experience the same issue after a while try to visit this link:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Let is know how it goes.

Peace!

Nov 28, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Calisthrone

Hi calisthrone,

Thanks for your response well appreciated. Just that my battery problem has still not resolved since I received your reply.

i will still appreciate it if there is another suggestions to resolve my battery draining. It even drains when the phone is off. For instance the phone was 20% when I put it off , in the next morning when I put in on again it has drained to 4%.

iPhone 12 Battery Draining after update to ios15.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.