You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Asus monitor displays "out of range" error after Monterey upgrade-no picture! Help!

I have a 13 inch 2020 MacBook Pro and I just bought a new Asus monitor which were perfectly working together until I stupidly upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey. Now the monitor is no longer working and instead is displaying a black screen with the message: "out of range." I researched this and no one seems to know how to fix this. Instead of waiting for Apple to fix this bug, can I uninstall Monterey without hurting the computer?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 12:33 PM

To downgrade see:

manually download Monterey - Apple Community

When the screen says out of range, is there any setting you can change in the display preference for that monitor on your MacBook Pro screen?

6 replies

New Asus monitor displays "out of range" error after Monterey upgrade-no picture! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.