You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super Zoom

Several times a week my iPhone X (iOS 15.1) goes into what I can only describe as super zoom. The screen is so zoomed in that I can't zoom out. If I press volume & side buttons to shut down, everything is so zoomed in that I can't navigate to the power off button to shut down. I have been using the method of (1) pressing one volume key; then (2) pressing the other volume key; then (3) pressing & holding the side key until the phone shuts off. This is a pain and it sometimes takes several tries to get this to work, but eventually it does. Any ideas on how I am getting into the super zoom mode? Or is this a bug?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 5:03 PM

It sounds like you may have the Accessibility Shortcut set to Zoom. If that is the case, if you end up triple-clicking the side button on the phone will do that. You can get out of it by triple-clicking again, or if that does not work, then you can double-tap with 3 fingers to reduce Zoom.

2 replies

Super Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.