You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to automatically add or play mp3 files to Apple Music when downloading

I'm on 12.0.1, when I download mp3 files from safari, it automatically adds and plays(!) mp3 files I download in Music/Apple Music. This occurs even when I download directly into a podcast app folder on iCloud. It play automatically when the download finishes, without any input from me (aside from downloading the file).

How do I get it the stop? I don't see anything in Music or Safari settings to stop this.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Jakyland,

It is a setting in Safari. On the Safari Preferences page, General tab, uncheck "Open safe files after downloading."

Similar questions

1 reply

I don't want to automatically add or play mp3 files to Apple Music when downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.