You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hue Sensor Text Message Notification for Temperature Drop

Hello,

Is it possible to create an automatic notification if a hue sensor detects a temperature below or above a specific degree?

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 7:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 1:29 PM

Hello trishinnh,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, you want to use a sensor to automatically notify you of temperature changes. We'll point you to the right place.

There might not be a way to do this through the Home app, but you might be able to use the manufacturer's app or a third-party app to achieve this in conjunction with Shortcuts:

If you have any other specific questions, you might get better help reaching out to the manufacturer directly: Support | Philips Hue

Thanks, and kind regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 1:29 PM in response to trishinnh

Hello trishinnh,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, you want to use a sensor to automatically notify you of temperature changes. We'll point you to the right place.

There might not be a way to do this through the Home app, but you might be able to use the manufacturer's app or a third-party app to achieve this in conjunction with Shortcuts:

If you have any other specific questions, you might get better help reaching out to the manufacturer directly: Support | Philips Hue

Thanks, and kind regards.

Nov 28, 2021 1:54 PM in response to trishinnh

Thank you very much, Nicholas_B2. This also occurred to me this afternoon. I’m away from the sensor and because I typically use the HomeKit app and not the Hue app, my Hue app was offloaded. Reloading it means that I need to be in the vicinity of the sensor in order for the app to be set up. I’ve since disabled the offload feature because I can see no way to tell my phone to never off load specific apps.

I’ll definitely set this up when I’m closer to the sensor.

I appreciate your help!

Happy holidays to you!

TrishinNH

Hue Sensor Text Message Notification for Temperature Drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.