You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents have disappeared

Does anyone k now how to retrieve my Pages documents. Anything I've worked on in the last two months has disappeared - not 'on my Mac', not 'in my iCloud' not 'in my trash' - just disappeared. Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 2:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 6:34 AM

In the Finder, select View menu > Show Path Bar. In Finder Preferences > Advanced panel, set:

When performing a search: [ Search the Current Folder ↕︎ ]

Pages remembers where a document was last saved, and subsequent documents will by default, save in that same location until you change that location in the Save panel. Have you considered the File menu > Open Recent > menu? Are the files on that sub-menu accessible? The deletion of a file does not remove it from that sub-menu on that occasion.

If you have selected System Preferences > Spotlight > Spotlight Results > Documents, and Spotlight has indexed your startup drive, then you should be able to find any Pages document on that drive (and iCloud Drive) via the search field in a Finder window. The following will find every Pages document created since Aug 1 (if they remain):

kind:pages created:>=08/01/2021

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 6:34 AM in response to Gillhooley

In the Finder, select View menu > Show Path Bar. In Finder Preferences > Advanced panel, set:

When performing a search: [ Search the Current Folder ↕︎ ]

Pages remembers where a document was last saved, and subsequent documents will by default, save in that same location until you change that location in the Save panel. Have you considered the File menu > Open Recent > menu? Are the files on that sub-menu accessible? The deletion of a file does not remove it from that sub-menu on that occasion.

If you have selected System Preferences > Spotlight > Spotlight Results > Documents, and Spotlight has indexed your startup drive, then you should be able to find any Pages document on that drive (and iCloud Drive) via the search field in a Finder window. The following will find every Pages document created since Aug 1 (if they remain):

kind:pages created:>=08/01/2021

Pages documents have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.