You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud data

I have two phones with the same iCloud. I want to clear my other phone from the iCloud does this mean it will remove all of my data off both accounts?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:26 AM

If both devices are using the same Apple ID then yes, they are using the same iCloud data area and removing items from one device will remove them on the other device too. The way to prevent this is to turn off the data service on one device and do not use iCloud for that service on that device.

Change your iCloud feature settings [iOS and Mac] - https://support.apple.com/HT207689 - "'When you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, information stored only in iCloud for that feature is no longer available on the device. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders, or iCloud Photos on just one device, you can still view and change your information on iCloud.com and on another device you set up for that feature."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 10:26 AM in response to alishbahussain

If both devices are using the same Apple ID then yes, they are using the same iCloud data area and removing items from one device will remove them on the other device too. The way to prevent this is to turn off the data service on one device and do not use iCloud for that service on that device.

Change your iCloud feature settings [iOS and Mac] - https://support.apple.com/HT207689 - "'When you turn off an iCloud feature on a device, information stored only in iCloud for that feature is no longer available on the device. If you turn off Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Reminders, or iCloud Photos on just one device, you can still view and change your information on iCloud.com and on another device you set up for that feature."

iCloud data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.