You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get POP email from my personal domain on Big Sur

When I upgraded my MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur, the POP email from my personal domain vanished. The web hosting company does not offer IMAP. How can I make Apple Mail handle POP?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 7:57 AM

fiberhome wrote:

When I upgraded my MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur, the POP email from my personal domain vanished. The web hosting company does not offer IMAP. How can I make Apple Mail handle POP?

Yes that is the Mail trick— the set up the account to accept POP.

Use the "Other" and trick it by supplying a bogus email address— this will prompt for more options to server settings...and here you can select POP

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2021 7:57 AM in response to fiberhome

fiberhome wrote:

Yes that is the Mail trick— the set up the account to accept POP.

Use the "Other" and trick it by supplying a bogus email address— this will prompt for more options to server settings...and here you can select POP

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 30, 2021 10:57 AM in response to leroydouglas

It took some additional fiddling around to get POP email account to work, but adding the new account and using a bogus email address got me through the first level of the puzzle. It looks like some email may have lost in the process, but I didn't have anything archival on this machine. If you try doing this for a machine that has vital archival email, you may need to use Time Machine to recover the older stuff. Because I used my Apple ID to set the account up on my laptop (which I upgraded to Big Sur), and as a result a duplicate copy of the account appearing on my desktop.

Thanks

How can I get POP email from my personal domain on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.