You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac wasn't updated can I fix that?

Some of my apps that I would install needed a version update and now i am stuck on the current version of mac...

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:37 PM

"My mac wasn't updated can I fix that?: Some of my apps that I would install needed a version update and now i am stuck on the current version of mac..."

-------

Fixing This:

You need to downgrade. There are two options":

A. Restore from a Backup:

Did you create a backup of your Mac prior to upgrading? Is so, then restore from the backup. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your Mac, prior maiking any major changes to your Mac (i.e. upgrading your MacOS).

or...

B. Install the MacOS Anew, then Migrate:

If you created not backup, then you need to downgrade manually. Contact the Developers, if need be, for a prior version of the macOS you upgraded from. I'm no so certain how long a backup would take, but you'd need to back it up prior to the download, if not backup already exists.

to Reinstall the macOS anew:

You'd backup your Mac, install the previous macOS, and then migrate items back.

1. Create: a Time Machine Backup using an external Hard Drive
  2. Install: from a USB Installer created for macOS 10.15 Catalina or before
  3. Migrate: items from your TMB
  4. Download then Install: the applications, getting the programs back from the Developers.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2021 10:37 PM in response to vladimirnotfound

"My mac wasn't updated can I fix that?: Some of my apps that I would install needed a version update and now i am stuck on the current version of mac..."

-------

Fixing This:

You need to downgrade. There are two options":

A. Restore from a Backup:

Did you create a backup of your Mac prior to upgrading? Is so, then restore from the backup. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your Mac, prior maiking any major changes to your Mac (i.e. upgrading your MacOS).

or...

B. Install the MacOS Anew, then Migrate:

If you created not backup, then you need to downgrade manually. Contact the Developers, if need be, for a prior version of the macOS you upgraded from. I'm no so certain how long a backup would take, but you'd need to back it up prior to the download, if not backup already exists.

to Reinstall the macOS anew:

You'd backup your Mac, install the previous macOS, and then migrate items back.

1. Create: a Time Machine Backup using an external Hard Drive
  2. Install: from a USB Installer created for macOS 10.15 Catalina or before
  3. Migrate: items from your TMB
  4. Download then Install: the applications, getting the programs back from the Developers.

My mac wasn't updated can I fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.