You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app has wrong city by

weather widget by default shows the weather, not in my city, geolocation is turned on for the app and shows the correct city, but by default (before I open the full list of cities) I see another one

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 3:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 6:47 AM

I can add, delete, rearrange, but default city (before I open the list) is still not mine

4 replies

Dec 1, 2021 6:43 AM in response to Dreik3

Hi Dreik3,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand the Weather app is not opening to your current location. You may need to rearrange your locations, like this:

"Add, delete, and rearrange locations in your weather list

1. Tap to see your weather list.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Add a location: Enter the name of the city, the zip code, or the airport code in the search field, tap the location, then tap Add.
    • Delete a location: Swipe left on the location, then tap . Or, tap , then tap Edit List.
    • Rearrange the order of locations on your list: Touch and hold the location, then move it up or down. Or, tap , then tap Edit List.

Your list of locations stays up to date across your devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID."

As discussed here: Check the weather on iPhone

Cheers!

Dec 1, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Dreik3

Please ensure that you are on the latest iOS 15.1.1 update. As well as, make sure you location is enabled to always on for the weather app.

To ensure you're on the latest iOS update please do the following:

Settings > General > Software Update

To ensure that the weather app location is set to always on please do the following:

Settings > Weather > Location

Hopefully this helps. If not here is a support documentation that should assist you further.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Dec 1, 2021 7:08 AM in response to Dreik3

Dreik3,

Let's open the Weather app and take a look at the bottom of your display. You should see the location icon and " * " to indicate your saved locations. Swipe left to right until is highlighted to show your current location. Let's then close the Weather app, open it again, and check to see if your current location is still highlighted when the app is opened.

Have a good one!

Weather app has wrong city by

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.