You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My audio has stopped working when I use AirPlay from my computer to my AppleTV. It used to come throug h my TV speakers, but now there is no audio at all. Thoughts?

My audio has stopped working when I use AirPlay from my MacBook Pro to my AppleTV. It used to come through the TV speakers, but now there is no audio at all. Thoughts?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 10:57 AM

Hello SaintPaulStanford,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an audio issue when you AirPlay to your Apple TV, and we'd like to help.

Have you tried restarting your devices, other than your TV? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unexpected issues.

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV

Shut down or restart your Mac

If you're still not hearing audio, check out the steps in this article:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

If possible, try using AirPlay from an iOS device, to see if the issue also happens.

To isolate further, try to AirPlay to a different device from your MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2021 10:57 AM in response to SaintPaulStanford

Hello SaintPaulStanford,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you're having an audio issue when you AirPlay to your Apple TV, and we'd like to help.

Have you tried restarting your devices, other than your TV? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unexpected issues.

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV

Shut down or restart your Mac

If you're still not hearing audio, check out the steps in this article:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

If possible, try using AirPlay from an iOS device, to see if the issue also happens.

To isolate further, try to AirPlay to a different device from your MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2021 12:56 PM in response to SaintPaulStanford

Verify the audio levels on your Mac.

• The device audio level can be between silent and maximum (0–100%).
  • The movie view window in the TV app (or QuickTime, or Safari) has its own volume slider, between silent and device audio level (0–100% of the former).
  • Depending on your version macOS, the 2nd slider may influence AirPlay. On Monterey, the player volume slider is now hidden for in-app AirPlay, so it should be solved for current systems. Not sure when that was changed; it was different in Catalina and prior.

My audio has stopped working when I use AirPlay from my computer to my AppleTV. It used to come throug h my TV speakers, but now there is no audio at all. Thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.