You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I erase my MacBook Air to factory settings?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:14 PM

The guidance you need is in the Related Article above your posted question.

Read closely Step 8 - Erase you Mac and Reinstall macOS.

Erasing any Mac is not trivial and is what I consider to be a last resort if you're troubleshooting a problem.

It's often much less of a chore to work through an issue before considering a reset. You're going to want to have a Time Machine backup already created to you can fall back on that if necessary. And you may need a bootable macOS installer on a USB flash drive if you plan to downgrade your Mac's operating system.

Why do you feel the need to do reset your Mac?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2021 5:14 PM in response to HaydenNightingale

The guidance you need is in the Related Article above your posted question.

Read closely Step 8 - Erase you Mac and Reinstall macOS.

Erasing any Mac is not trivial and is what I consider to be a last resort if you're troubleshooting a problem.

It's often much less of a chore to work through an issue before considering a reset. You're going to want to have a Time Machine backup already created to you can fall back on that if necessary. And you may need a bootable macOS installer on a USB flash drive if you plan to downgrade your Mac's operating system.

Why do you feel the need to do reset your Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.