You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing iCloud storage

My husband & I were using Family Sharing with me as the main person. I joined someone else’s Family Sharing for a short time but it thought my iCloud storage was being used so I stopped & left their family. How do I share again with my husband only?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 12:08 PM

You will need to rejoin a Family group with your husband and pay for the 200GB or 2TB shareable storage tiers again.

Do note you can only change Family groups once a year and you can only be part of one Family Group at a time. If it has not been a year since you joined the other family you will not be able to join a group with your husband to share iCloud again until the year is up.

Changing Family Groups should not be done unless it absolutely necessary.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2021 12:08 PM in response to mooses2

You will need to rejoin a Family group with your husband and pay for the 200GB or 2TB shareable storage tiers again.

Do note you can only change Family groups once a year and you can only be part of one Family Group at a time. If it has not been a year since you joined the other family you will not be able to join a group with your husband to share iCloud again until the year is up.

Changing Family Groups should not be done unless it absolutely necessary.

Family sharing iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.