You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Year' not showing in date/time menu bar?

I recently bought the new macbook pro which ships with Monterey. Weirdly, I find that it's missing certain things in the interface. For example, I can't figure out how to get the 'year' to display in the menu bar.

In the previous OS-es I could just click on the date in the menu bar and it would show me the full date, as per my preferences in 'Language and Region' (under Settings), which includes the year, but now all it shows is a bunch of widgets, which could be helpful, except that none of them have an option to show the year.

Yes, of course I know what year it is, but sometimes I forget and I'd like to have a quick reminder. It's like the developers decided that no-one needs to be reminded this crucial bit of information. OK, maybe YOU don't need to be reminded, but can you let me decide whether I'd like to be?

Does anyone know how to get this functionality back?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:34 PM

11 replies

'Year' not showing in date/time menu bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.