You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update iOS 15.1

Since the latest update on my iPad, my magic keyboard no longer works properly on YouTube. I thought it was YouTube’s latest update; but everyone online is saying they are having magic keyboard issues with YouTube and other streaming services too, so it has to be on Apple’s side. I honestly don’t know if it is or isn’t; but I did check the YouTube app reviews, and there isn’t one review mentioning issues with the magic keyboard. Any thoughts?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:21 AM

Hello ghostdrummer.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Magic Keyboard has not been working properly since updating the iPadOS. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the steps here: If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio

1. Remove any other iPad case or cover if you're using Magic Keyboard or Smart Keyboard Folio.
  2. Connect your Magic Keyboard or Smart Keyboard / Smart Keyboard Folio.
  3. If your keyboard doesn't immediately respond, restart your iPad (learn how to restart your iPad). 
  4. If your keyboard is not connecting, or if you're experiencing issues unrelated to connecting, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 9:21 AM in response to ghostdrummer

Hello ghostdrummer.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Magic Keyboard has not been working properly since updating the iPadOS. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the steps here: If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio

1. Remove any other iPad case or cover if you're using Magic Keyboard or Smart Keyboard Folio.
  2. Connect your Magic Keyboard or Smart Keyboard / Smart Keyboard Folio.
  3. If your keyboard doesn't immediately respond, restart your iPad (learn how to restart your iPad). 
  4. If your keyboard is not connecting, or if you're experiencing issues unrelated to connecting, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

New update iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.