You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new LG TV with Apple TV will not send me a verification code so I cannot login to Apple TV

I already have the Apple TV app on my TV, I login using my Apple ID and password and then the TV says it will send a verification code to my phone but it never arrives. If I use iTunes or the apple.id.apple.com site the code is sent but Apple TV will not send the code so I cannot login to Apple TV. Any thoughts?

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 4:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:59 AM

I was able to work around it. On the login screen there is also a QR code method of logging in. Instead of entering the login on the TV as I did last time, I scanned the QR code on my phone and logged in that way. I was still asked for 2-stage verification and again the code did not arrive but at least on my phone there was a DIDN'T GET A CODE? link and I used that to get another one. It worked. I am 56 years old and usually resourceful enough to navigate around things like this but I envision a life when I'm older full or swearing and shaking my fists at the sky because I'm being crushed by technology. In the meantime... Ted Lasso can soothe my jangled nerves. :D Thanks to all for the help.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I was able to work around it. On the login screen there is also a QR code method of logging in. Instead of entering the login on the TV as I did last time, I scanned the QR code on my phone and logged in that way. I was still asked for 2-stage verification and again the code did not arrive but at least on my phone there was a DIDN'T GET A CODE? link and I used that to get another one. It worked. I am 56 years old and usually resourceful enough to navigate around things like this but I envision a life when I'm older full or swearing and shaking my fists at the sky because I'm being crushed by technology. In the meantime... Ted Lasso can soothe my jangled nerves. :D Thanks to all for the help.

Dec 3, 2021 5:50 AM in response to SoaringSimpson

I think you can opt to get a text:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Get a text or phone call
If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.
1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code.
4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in.

Dec 3, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Urquhart1244

My phone is android and my notebook is HP. My Apple ID account does have my correct phone number for my android. Even just now when I wanted to reply, I needed 2-step verification and the first time I did not receive a code and I had to click on DIDN'T GET A CODE? on the screen. But on my TV, there is no DIDN'T GET A CODE? link... just the six boxes to enter the code which never comes. I also learned that once you turn on 2-step verification you cannot turn it off so I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm stuck in a box.

My new LG TV with Apple TV will not send me a verification code so I cannot login to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.