You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with the 2020 MacBook Pro and Big Sur OS

Our company just switched us to MacBooks for development work. I have the 2020 MacBook Pro 13" Intel i7 with 16GB RAM. Latest version of Big Sur. It is such a frustrating experience and a hindrance to being productive that it is tempting to throw this useless piece of "magical" crap out the window!

Issues I am facing:

• Battery lasts about 3-4 hours at most even when I only have Chrome and Outlook running. With IntelliJ running, it lasts 2-3 hours.
  • Computer freezes at least twice a day and requires a reboot. Usually Safari and Chrome are the culprits and some times it is when taking a screenshot. it simply stops responding and requires a hard reboot.
  • Finder app = worst I have ever used. Researched enough to see a bunch of issues since 2012. Moreover, there is not enough basic functionality built in and it requires a reboot to show the refreshed folders. No fix for this. Every time I reboot the machine, the desktop HD icons reappear when they are set to not show in Finder Preferences.
  • Connecting to an external monitor is a mess.
  • Cmd+Tab to switch between applications is a mess (in full screen mode).
  • Terminal app magically loses its settings.
  • Screen sharing in Microsoft Teams is a mess.

Mac OS updates some times take 12-14 hours!! This is not even an upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. Just a regular Big Sur update.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 5:15 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Issues with the 2020 MacBook Pro and Big Sur OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.