You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my iPhone update to the latest iOS?

Trying to update to 15.1 IOS. It downloaded, but won’t install. Message comes up “unable to install, try again later”.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:01 AM

Assuming your iPhone is a 6s model, still running iOS 13, that iOS version is very old to have it updated "wirelessly" (via wifi) installing 2 "major" versions like iOS 14 and iOS 15.

I suggest that you try to update it via computer (if you don't have a computer borrow one from your friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider):

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Roy_C_C

Assuming your iPhone is a 6s model, still running iOS 13, that iOS version is very old to have it updated "wirelessly" (via wifi) installing 2 "major" versions like iOS 14 and iOS 15.

I suggest that you try to update it via computer (if you don't have a computer borrow one from your friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider):

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Why won’t my iPhone update to the latest iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.