You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new s7 wouldnt stop my workout.

None of the buttons worked. I had to turn it off and then it worked to end the workout. It worked fine yesterday. Would you consider this defective? Thanks.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 12:30 PM

Magtein,

Thanks for the additional info. With it happening just the one time, it sounds like it may have just been a 'one-off issue'. Though monitoring things going forward is always helpful certainly. We're glad to hear it's working well for you at the moment.

If you happen to find it happens on a frequent or semi-frequent basis, you may also opt to reach out directly to Apple Support for a deeper investigation. This page can help start the support request, if needed: Get Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 12:30 PM in response to Magtein

Magtein,

Thanks for the additional info. With it happening just the one time, it sounds like it may have just been a 'one-off issue'. Though monitoring things going forward is always helpful certainly. We're glad to hear it's working well for you at the moment.

If you happen to find it happens on a frequent or semi-frequent basis, you may also opt to reach out directly to Apple Support for a deeper investigation. This page can help start the support request, if needed: Get Support

Take care.

Dec 4, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Magtein

Hello Magtein,

We see you had an issue with ending a workout, and we'd like to help.

Have subsequent workouts been able to end as expected? If so, it may have just been a one-off issue.

It may also help to try restarting the companion iPhone in addition to the Apple Watch: Restart your iPhone

Be sure to also ensure watchOS and iOS are updated fully on each device:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

Also, to help ensure you can interact with the Apple Watch's display, it can help to try wiping it with a clean microfiber cloth.

Cheers.

Dec 4, 2021 12:02 PM in response to Eric_G1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply. It worked fine on Tues, Wed. and Thurs. and today, Sat. It was Fri that was a problem. The syping was also weird. I did turn it off and that started it working again. But, a couple of my apps didn't update on the screen, even though when tapping on them they were updated. I turned if off twice to resolve this problem.

I got the watch on Monday and so far, I am really considering a return. So far today, everything is working well.

Everything is updated and it does seem to be a dust magnet, unlike my S4, but, I don't think that is an issue for screen use.

Thanks again! I'm giving it 5 days to see how it behaves.

my new s7 wouldnt stop my workout.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.