You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a flash drive with my MacBook Pro.

I put some information on a PNY Flash Drive and now I want to put it on my MacBook Pro 2019 using Big Sur OS. Since this Mac has only thunderbolts, I had to use an adapter which I got from Apple Store. But I cannot find it in "locations." I am really upset. What to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:08 AM

rshalf wrote:

I put some information on a PNY Flash Drive and now I want to put it on my MacBook Pro 2019 using Big Sur OS. Since this Mac has only thunderbolts, I had to use an adapter which I got from Apple Store. But I cannot find it in "locations." I am really upset. What to do?

Try a different flash drive and compare your results.

Verify your Finder>Preferences

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 8:08 AM in response to rshalf

rshalf wrote:

Try a different flash drive and compare your results.

Verify your Finder>Preferences

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 4, 2021 9:40 AM in response to leroydouglas

I figured it out. I had either a broken adapter or it was the wrong one. I would insert a picture but could not figure out how. apple keeps rejecting it. Anyway the adapter for video stuff doesn't work, even though it has a usb port. The adapter with just a usb port and an HDMI port worked. I really wish Apple would include a standard usb port in the next MacBook Pro. Weight is not as important to me as convenience. Carting around a pile of adapters is not convenient, especially when I have lots of research to do in a short time.

How to use a flash drive with my MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.