You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri

why do when i ask siri to open an app, siri ask me back to confirm which one.

example; when i ask siri to open my whatsapp, siri will ask me whatsapp or whatsapp instead of just opening the whatsapp immediately

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:22 AM

I am not sure what command you gave. This shouldn't be happening unless you have a Bookmark or WhatsApp Business App or any other similar sounding App installed.

This can be tested by Tying to Siri.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri, then turn on Type to Siri. To make a request, activate Siri, then interact with Siri by using the keyboard and text field.

Use accessibility features with Siri on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 12:22 AM in response to Ijam_Ryzo

I am not sure what command you gave. This shouldn't be happening unless you have a Bookmark or WhatsApp Business App or any other similar sounding App installed.

This can be tested by Tying to Siri.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri, then turn on Type to Siri. To make a request, activate Siri, then interact with Siri by using the keyboard and text field.

Use accessibility features with Siri on iPhone - Apple Support

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.