You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask To Buy notifications stopped on iPhone

I am my family's organizer. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I got the Ask To Buy notices on my all up to date iPhone 11. Then they stopped. I have not changed any settings and my laptop and wife's phone still get the ask to buy notifications. I've checked all the apple ID's and settings are the same on each device. But for whatever reason the ask to buy requests are not appearing on my phone. Is there something else I can set to get ask to buy on my phone? Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:25 AM

If your Ask to Buy requests are missing

If you still don't see your Ask to Buy requests, check which Apple ID you're signed in with, check your Family Sharing settings, and make sure that you're on a supported device.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

6 replies

Jan 22, 2022 8:03 AM in response to Jason Parker

Jason - have you resolved this issue of not receiving the "ask to purchase" from your children's devices? I started having the same problem yesterday and I can't figure out what changed. I didn't change any settings on my phone or any of my 4 kids phones. But the notification to Approve doesn't pop up anymore.

I checked my Family Sharing settings and it all looks the same/correct.

Jan 24, 2022 10:22 AM in response to SK-apple-user

I haven't resolved it. Suddenly they started coming to my phone again, with no changes from me. Then just yesterday, both kids asked for something and neither showed up on my phone. I have not made any changes. For a while I was receiving all ask to buy notifications on my phone. Then they stopped and only came to my laptop. Then I got a few on my phone, and then they came only to my laptop again. I do not know what the solution is but would like the ask to buy notifications to come to my phone. I have not changed anything and unsure what to change back.

Ask To Buy notifications stopped on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.