You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my notes are gone!

Today, I was looking through my apps and accidentally clicked into my "notes" app. I keep all of my passwords and important information there. However, none were there. All of my notes are gone. I checked the "Recently Deleted" file, but nothing was there. Also, my notes aren't on iCloud (I don't know why). What should I do?!!! How to fix it??? And quick, because I have a lot of things to do with the things in there!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:04 AM

I think something happened and they got permanently deleted since it appears you tried to recovery recently deleted notes using:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so then they are likely gone unless you have a local backup you can recovery them from.

As a test can you create a note on your Mac and have it appear in iCloud?

Do you recall if the notes were in Icloud before?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2021 7:04 AM in response to Hakotoro

I think something happened and they got permanently deleted since it appears you tried to recovery recently deleted notes using:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so then they are likely gone unless you have a local backup you can recovery them from.

As a test can you create a note on your Mac and have it appear in iCloud?

Do you recall if the notes were in Icloud before?

Dec 5, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Hakotoro

Hakotoro wrote:

Today, I was looking through my apps and accidentally clicked into my "notes" app. I keep all of my passwords and important information there. However, none were there. All of my notes are gone. I checked the "Recently Deleted" file, but nothing was there. Also, my notes aren't on iCloud (I don't know why). What should I do?!!! How to fix it??? And quick, because I have a lot of things to do with the things in there!

reference

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/notes-on-icloudcom-overview-mm6704cac5/icloud

All of my notes are gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.