You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Monterey - lost all SMB network connections and bluetooth

I'm running the latest version of Monterey which I have reinstalled with no success, trying to fix bluetooth. This is no longer accessible and there is no preference for bluetooth in the preference library. I can live without this for the time being but all my shares with the local exchange server have gone. My other Mac, still on Big Sur, has no such problems. Despite calling support and doing all the usual resets and booting into safe mode etc, I am still not able to mount any shares. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a fix? Is Apple working on this to repair in next release? Any help appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 3:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 1:03 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. In the end I decided to do a clean install. I backed up and then completely wiped the SSD hard drive. Once everything was installed again it all worked fine.

SMB connections are now instant, bluetooth is back and Time Machine back ups are working again. I suspect the disk had become corrupted somewhere and bit by bit it was affecting different parts of the system. Fingers crossed it will remain stable.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2021 1:03 AM in response to Frank Thompson

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. In the end I decided to do a clean install. I backed up and then completely wiped the SSD hard drive. Once everything was installed again it all worked fine.

SMB connections are now instant, bluetooth is back and Time Machine back ups are working again. I suspect the disk had become corrupted somewhere and bit by bit it was affecting different parts of the system. Fingers crossed it will remain stable.

OS X Monterey - lost all SMB network connections and bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.