You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install To keep Safari up to date, install the latest macOS updates. The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari.

How do I install the latest macOS updates since my 2017 MacBook Air is now outdated?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 5:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:28 AM

It appears that you understand that installing a newer operating system also installs the latest version of Safari and your question is how can Safari be updated when the OS can not be upgraded? First, whether your OS can be upgraded depends on which OS you have installed and what year and model Mac you have. An update does not install a newer OS. It merely installs the latest version of the same OS that you have. You can check for available upgrades in the Apple App Store. Also, if you cannot upgrade, then you might consider installing another browser such as Firefox or one of the many browsers available in the App Store. They can be individually upgraded as needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:28 AM in response to buckeysmama

It appears that you understand that installing a newer operating system also installs the latest version of Safari and your question is how can Safari be updated when the OS can not be upgraded? First, whether your OS can be upgraded depends on which OS you have installed and what year and model Mac you have. An update does not install a newer OS. It merely installs the latest version of the same OS that you have. You can check for available upgrades in the Apple App Store. Also, if you cannot upgrade, then you might consider installing another browser such as Firefox or one of the many browsers available in the App Store. They can be individually upgraded as needed.

How do I install To keep Safari up to date, install the latest macOS updates. The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.