You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access the Time Machine by clicking - I get a big black box over the screen.

As above. I seem to get to the T. Machine data by opening the external Drive holding T.M. data, and opening the relevant folder - I found the lost file that way. But the timeline on the RHS of the screen, which IS visible when I select the Time Machine icon is non-clickable, irresponsive except that it does enlarge as I scan down the timeline. The rest of my screen - except for an inch of the timeline, is solid black. I don't know when this issue developed - I haven't tried to access the T.M. for years.

Currently Big Sur 11.6.1

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:39 AM

I had seen what sounds similar in the past with multiple monitors attached. If I disconnected one, the TM interface would work correctly. I no longer have multiple monitors to test.

2 replies

I can't access the Time Machine by clicking - I get a big black box over the screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.