You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable To Sign Into The App Store

When I try to update or download any apps on my new Mac Book Air Running Monterey 12.0.1 I am directed to login using my Apple ID and I get a pop-up saying "This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information."

I am given two options: Cancel or Review

I click Review and it starts the process all over again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 1:27 AM

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store -

On a Mac;

Open the Music app

Choose the iTunes Store

Choose Account in the Music Quick Links on the right side of the store window

Sign in to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your account details

On an iOS device;

Open the Settings app

Chose your Apple ID

Choose Payment & Shipping

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2021 1:27 AM in response to IHateMacs777

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store -

On a Mac;

Open the Music app

Choose the iTunes Store

Choose Account in the Music Quick Links on the right side of the store window

Sign in to your Apple ID

On an iOS device;

Open the Settings app

Chose your Apple ID

Choose Payment & Shipping

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Dec 8, 2021 8:27 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dahveed,

Those instructions partially worked and I appreciate your instruction format - direct and to the point.

I was able to sign in to iTunes Store and add a payment method but when I go back to the App Store, it now keeps prompting for my Apple ID and password. I enter them correctly and it brings me back to the login prompt again....this time without giving me the option to 'Review' my account.

Any other ideas by chance?

Thanks!

Unable To Sign Into The App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.