You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i have to switch my sim card

Do i have to switch my sim card?

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:45 PM

That depends on how to configured the purchase of your new phone. Did you purchase from your carrier? Did you purchase directly from Apple and indicate a specific carrier when you purchased the phone? Or, did you purchase an unlocked phone that was selected using the Set Up Later button. If you worked with your carrier, you probably have a new SIM in the phone. If not, then you will probably need to swap the SIM from the old phone to the new one. And, if you attempt to activate the phone without switching and it doesn't work, then you have to swap.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 5:45 PM in response to loririchvon

That depends on how to configured the purchase of your new phone. Did you purchase from your carrier? Did you purchase directly from Apple and indicate a specific carrier when you purchased the phone? Or, did you purchase an unlocked phone that was selected using the Set Up Later button. If you worked with your carrier, you probably have a new SIM in the phone. If not, then you will probably need to swap the SIM from the old phone to the new one. And, if you attempt to activate the phone without switching and it doesn't work, then you have to swap.

do i have to switch my sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.