You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete all messages at one time

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Hello,

The Messages App doesn’t have a delete all feature so it’s a manual process.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“To delete more than one conversation, open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Tap Select Messages, then tap the circle next to the conversations and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.”

I don’t want to accidentally delete mine testing this so I’m sorry if it doesn’t work. In theory, you could go to Settings > Messages > Message History, to set Keep Messages for the minimum 30 days. Hopefully this auto deletes anything older than 30 days so you don’t have to manually do as many.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM in response to wynona128

Hello,

The Messages App doesn’t have a delete all feature so it’s a manual process.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“To delete more than one conversation, open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Tap Select Messages, then tap the circle next to the conversations and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.”

I don’t want to accidentally delete mine testing this so I’m sorry if it doesn’t work. In theory, you could go to Settings > Messages > Message History, to set Keep Messages for the minimum 30 days. Hopefully this auto deletes anything older than 30 days so you don’t have to manually do as many.

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.