You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App unable to watch content

Every time I try to watch a television show or movie that I have purchased on my Macbook the player opens then immediately closes. This does not happen with Apple TV+ content, only things in my library that I have purchased

Yes, I have tried restarting my laptop and I have checked for a system update but as of now, I am not seeing any available.

Gif demonstrating the behavior (real-time, not sped up):

System Information:

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:00 AM

Thanks for everyone's help. My new laptop had not been "authorized" to watch my own content, but I was not given any warnings or errors when attempting to do so. I realized this after attempting to download a movie as a test and that gave me a dialog telling me this. If anyone has the same problem, please read this article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2021 9:00 AM in response to macbookuser0938

Thanks for everyone's help. My new laptop had not been "authorized" to watch my own content, but I was not given any warnings or errors when attempting to do so. I realized this after attempting to download a movie as a test and that gave me a dialog telling me this. If anyone has the same problem, please read this article: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Apple TV App unable to watch content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.