You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate contacts in icloud.com

All contacts are duplicated in my icloud account (both on icloud.com and on my phone). I have deleted duplicate groups, but the contacts themselves are still duplicated... Any hints on how to resolve this (too many to do this manually).

Additionally I have an odd thing going on where when looking for a contact card in the contacts app on my phone the contact is missing, but when I search for the name in the general search it will appear and can then be opened.

Thank you

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:42 PM

windupbird.k Said:

"Duplicate contacts in icloud.com: there are no duplicates on my desktop computer contacts app however..."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

1. Go Here: If you See Duplicate Contacts after Setting Up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If you see duplicates in Contacts on iCloud.com, visit Apple Support for help.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:42 PM in response to windupbird.k

windupbird.k Said:

"Duplicate contacts in icloud.com: there are no duplicates on my desktop computer contacts app however..."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

1. Go Here: If you See Duplicate Contacts after Setting Up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If you see duplicates in Contacts on iCloud.com, visit Apple Support for help.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Dec 7, 2021 11:25 PM in response to windupbird.k

windupbird.k Said:

"Duplicate contacts in icloud.com: Thank you. I had found this and it appears this issue did need apple support indeed. Doing a test run at the moment to store (non duplicated) contacts on phone and turn off icloud, delete contacts from icloud.com, then turn icloud back on on phone and replace icloud.com contacts with these."

-------

You are welcome. And thank you for spreading the word. It will help many for certain.

Duplicate contacts in icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.