You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Monterey downloaded on Mac does not allow HP printer 1 year old to pair

New Monterey downloaded on Mac does not allow HP printer 1 year old to pair. Apple support said it was up to HP to update their drivers, not them. Any solutions out there?

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 5:45 AM

I had the same problem with a new HP 9010 All-in-one Printer using a wireless connection. After upgrade to Monterey on my MacBook Pro, the printer stated that my print jobs were not accepted. I had to reset the printer to the original settings (HP site has instructions to do this), re-install the HPsmart.app from the Apple store and re-install the printer. This resolved the issue for me.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2021 5:45 AM in response to sylvia137

I had the same problem with a new HP 9010 All-in-one Printer using a wireless connection. After upgrade to Monterey on my MacBook Pro, the printer stated that my print jobs were not accepted. I had to reset the printer to the original settings (HP site has instructions to do this), re-install the HPsmart.app from the Apple store and re-install the printer. This resolved the issue for me.

Dec 8, 2021 7:17 PM in response to sylvia137

What do you mean by "pair." That term is normally used for Bluetooth connections. Is it a Bluetooth printer?

The Envy 5640 is supported by AirPrint. You should just connect it to your WiFi and it will show up in a print dialog. You can add it using the AirPrint driver.

If that doesn't work, check with HP for updated AirPrint, ICA, or their own print/scan drivers.

Dec 15, 2021 4:32 PM in response to dahdata

I reset the printer, downloaded the newest printer driver for my HP ENVY 5640 as instructed by one of you, but will not take instructions with my mac pro desktop. Monterey changed that one month ago. Have tried so many things. Apple Support on the telephone said its HP's problem. Please send more advice. I tried the few ideas that have come in.

Dec 27, 2021 12:10 PM in response to sylvia137

I had previously posted that I used the HP Smart app for MAC (free from the App Store), along with Printer Preferences to delete my existing printer and then re-install it. This action allowed me to print again but only for 1 day!!

I am using HP Office Jet 9010 Pro All-in-one-series, Wireless Connection, MAC Book Pro, running Monterey.

At the risk of becoming too detailed with the HP information, it seems that the HP 9010 series includes 9015, 9018 and possibly many others - the HP tech support person I spoke with said it does not matter whether you use 9010, 9015, 9018...).

I went through HP Tech Support and we got it working again (but only for 1 day).

I decided to try to fix it myself again and hope it lasts for more than 1 day. Today I went through the same routine, deleted the printer and the fax, also deleted the HP Smart App and re-installed it. The HP Smart App was not able to locate the wireless printer until I entered the IP address but once that was done, the printer was configured. I successfully printed a page from the Pages app, from the Acrobat PDF app, and from MS Word. I then decided to check the box 'Share this Printer on the Network" under Printer Preferences. I went further and added only myself as allowed to print under Sharing Preferences (this effectively turned off Everyone can print). I went back and tried to print and got the message print job not allowed. So now it appears to have something to do with security but I am still investigating as I have found a lack of information around security in the HP documentation.

If I learn anything new, I will post more. One curious point is that SCAN always worked, it was only PRINT which generated errors.

New Monterey downloaded on Mac does not allow HP printer 1 year old to pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.