You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I get penalized if I canceled my card

If I canceled my apple credit card will I get penalized for cancellation? Even if everything is paid off ? Thanks !

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 2:02 PM

Hi, I’m not sure what penalty you’re referring to. However, closing an account may have a negative affect on your credit score. Closing an account, even if it’s paid off, will reduce your overall credit limit and thereby increase your utilization. Your average age of accounts may also be affected. Closing an account is not something I would personally do if I was contemplating a major purchase such as a home or car.

The Apple Card has no annual fee and you can leave it open and have no negative affect on your credit score. After a period of time, generally 6 to 12 months, Goldman Sachs may close your account due to inactivity.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2021 2:02 PM in response to Nivek5899

Hi, I’m not sure what penalty you’re referring to. However, closing an account may have a negative affect on your credit score. Closing an account, even if it’s paid off, will reduce your overall credit limit and thereby increase your utilization. Your average age of accounts may also be affected. Closing an account is not something I would personally do if I was contemplating a major purchase such as a home or car.

The Apple Card has no annual fee and you can leave it open and have no negative affect on your credit score. After a period of time, generally 6 to 12 months, Goldman Sachs may close your account due to inactivity.

Will I get penalized if I canceled my card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.