You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DONT HAVE ENOUGH DISK SPACE TO UPGRADE TO OS MONTEREY; WHERE DO I FIND "MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS"?

CANT UPGRADE TO OS MONTEREY. . . WHERE DO I FIND "MINIMUM SYSTEMS REQUIREMENT" INSTEAD?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:20 PM

On this page -> Upgrade to macOS Monterey

Monterey is compatible with a specific list of Mac models. First, check to see if your Mac is compatible.

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Monterey requires 26GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Monterey requires up to 44GB of available storage. And as with other recent releases of macOS, it's advisable to have at least 8GB RAM, more if at all possible.

You will always need to have sufficient disk space to upgrade. Just sayin'.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2021 3:20 PM in response to EvaDIVA_1

On this page -> Upgrade to macOS Monterey

Monterey is compatible with a specific list of Mac models. First, check to see if your Mac is compatible.

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Monterey requires 26GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Monterey requires up to 44GB of available storage. And as with other recent releases of macOS, it's advisable to have at least 8GB RAM, more if at all possible.

You will always need to have sufficient disk space to upgrade. Just sayin'.

I DONT HAVE ENOUGH DISK SPACE TO UPGRADE TO OS MONTEREY; WHERE DO I FIND "MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.