You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the minimum wattage output required for a 14 inch MacBook Pro to charge from a power bank?

I am looking for a power bank that is able to charge both my iPhone and my MacBook. How many watts would the power bank need to output to be able to charge the 14 inch MacBook Pro?

Any help is appreciated :)

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:54 PM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2021 6:06 PM in response to dan_200

It's not that simple. You don't just assert a voltage at a modern USB-C Mac and expect it to charge.

Macs use USB-C Power Delivery protocol to negotiate with the power adapter. The two negotiate a Voltage and current that will work, then the Mac commands the power adapter to supply it.

The MAC is in control of the entire charging process.

What is the minimum wattage output required for a 14 inch MacBook Pro to charge from a power bank?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.