You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do my numbers sheets look different with the same formatting

I recently updated my Mac and when I copy and paste cells from an existing numbers sheet to a blank one the text is smaller although it shows the same size. To get the size to match the copy has to be increased to 14pt to match the original size of 10pt. Any ideas what is causing this. I do this every month but this never happened until after the updates.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 12:08 PM

They are the same size. The shot below was made from the one in your post. I cut part of the word "Manual" from the spreadsheet on the right and pasted it over the same word on the left. (I also pasted it by itself so you could see the piece I copy/pasted.) They are the same size, they match up identically, you cannot even tell it was copy/pasted

Try increasing the row height. The small row height creates an optical illusion.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2021 12:08 PM in response to daibrahim64

They are the same size. The shot below was made from the one in your post. I cut part of the word "Manual" from the spreadsheet on the right and pasted it over the same word on the left. (I also pasted it by itself so you could see the piece I copy/pasted.) They are the same size, they match up identically, you cannot even tell it was copy/pasted

Try increasing the row height. The small row height creates an optical illusion.

why do my numbers sheets look different with the same formatting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.