You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned on Assistive Touch, and now a blue rectangle comes up periodically. How do I turn this off, but keep assistive touch on?

I turned on Assistive Touch, and now a blue rectangle comes up periodically. How do I turn this off, but keep assistive touch on?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 10:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 11:25 AM

See the 'Navigate your Apple Watch with hand gestures' section in:

Use AssistiveTouch on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

":When you raise your wrist, a blue ring around your Apple Watch screen indicates that AssistiveTouch is turned on and ready for you to activate it with the default double-clench gesture. You can change the color of this visual signal in Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Color. Or you can turn the visual signal off by going to Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Hand Gestures > Activation Gesture."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2021 11:25 AM in response to tecsi12

See the 'Navigate your Apple Watch with hand gestures' section in:

Use AssistiveTouch on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

":When you raise your wrist, a blue ring around your Apple Watch screen indicates that AssistiveTouch is turned on and ready for you to activate it with the default double-clench gesture. You can change the color of this visual signal in Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Color. Or you can turn the visual signal off by going to Accessibility > AssistiveTouch > Hand Gestures > Activation Gesture."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.