You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice control/tap action

Hey folks, when I use voice control to take a selfie, absolutely nothing happens with the Tap command. I get to the camera screen with names or numbers (which ever I choose) but requesting Tap Camera Chooser or Tap Take Picture (or the designated numbers) results in no action. Life was so easy when I could ask Siri to take a Selfie, the camera would reverse and the command Turn Volume Down would shoot a picture! What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 4:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2021 2:54 PM in response to Outdoordewd

Hello Outdoordewd,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking for help in having Siri take a photo with voice commands. Since this feature is limited to opening the Camera app, you might want to review options in the Shortcuts app. If you open Shortcuts app, tap Gallery and perform a search for "Say Cheese" you should find the shortcut that can assist you in taking a photo with voice commands only.

Shortcuts User Guide

Hope this helps!

voice control/tap action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.