You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete files from IPad without removing them from Cloud

my new IPad Air is 64G storage , I have upgraded my iCloud to 200G , uploaded my files from my Mac , total of 100.

now, I see files on my IPad .

issue:

when I download some big files to my I pad finish work on them , I can not remove downloaded files from IPad , I only can delete them which will delete the files from ICloud.

I work away from home in a situation where I do have my files on iCloud and can not download them as I already downloaded other files which filled up my IPad.

how to remove these files from my IPad without deleting them from the cloud.

on Mac there is option for remove download but not on IPad .

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 3:45 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 12, 2021 8:50 AM in response to ghabin

Hello ghabin,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you want to know how to manage downloaded files from iCloud, on your iPad.

Once files are downloaded to your iPad, they will re-upload to the cloud automatically when space is needed, or if the file hasn't been accessed for a certain amount of time.

To find help on managing your iPad storage, check out this link.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

How to delete files from IPad without removing them from Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.