You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning cable functions not working.

Since updating from IOS 14 to 15 on my Iphone 8 I can no longer use lighting adapter for ear buds. Is there a setting I am missing? Use to be able to plug in lightning cable USB in car stereo and play my music but now doesn't work.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 8:05 AM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2021 11:27 AM in response to brianrc300

Hello brianrc300,

We understand that you're experiencing issues with connecting and using Lightning cables and accessories with your device, and we want to help.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. You mentioned that you can't use earbuds with your iPhone; are they not detected, or something else? If headphones aren't working with your iPhone, this link may help: If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. What is the exact version of iOS 15 your device is running now? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
  3. As for the issue with playing music in your car; did you use these steps to connect your iPhone to your car? How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

Thanks!

Lightning cable functions not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.