You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15

Hi avid ipad user here! I loved the todays view on ipad right on the screen where I could put my widgets, but my ipad updated overnight to ios 15. Is there anyway I can revert? I spent 3 hours on my previous setup for it to be removed the next day. I tried going into storage and deleting the update but nothing worked. Any tips?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:26 PM

There is no means to downgrade iPadOS.

The Today View is still present and now to the left of your first page of icons, and iPadOS 15 adds the ability to embed those same widgets directly into the page display.

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 12, 2021 3:05 PM in response to XlAO

There are many changes within iPadOS15 - of which one is the loss of the familiar “pinned” Today view on the first Home Screen. 

With iPadOS15, you are now able to freely position widgets on any of the Home Screens - but you have lost the “compact” first Home Screen layout that shows a compressed 4x6 grid of App/Folder icons andToday view in Landscape screen orientation. 

Widgets placed on a Home Screen now individually occupy one or more elements of a 4x6 icon grid. Home Screens without Widgets retain the familiar 5x6 icon grid. The slide-over Today View, previously seen in Portrait screen orientation from the first Home Screen, is still present - and is now also seen in Landscape. However, the revised slide-over does not incorporate the Date and Time panel.

More information about the new Widgets can be found here:

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information - and is especially useful in becoming familiar with the many changes and new features introduced in iPadOS15. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback pages. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

IOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.