You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Balance in iTunes Store

Used to be you could see your iTunes balance when you went to the iTunes store in the top right corner. Just upgraded to the new iMac which uses 'Music' to access iTunes. I can't see the current balance anymore or watch it dwindle away when I make purchases. What's up with that Apple??

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 2:57 PM

I think the change is that now there is not a unique balance for the iTunes Store. Your same Apple ID balance can be spent at the iTunes Store, App Store, or the Apple online store. But I agree that not having it visible when you are shopping is not ideal.

5 replies

Dec 15, 2021 5:33 PM in response to ed2345

But there is. On an older system where iTunes is still predominant, I have a iTunes balance and it is not the same as my Apple balance. It bounces in and out as being the same. I have never understood that but knew the money was there. I have been passive about the issue until now and find this annoying at the least. I keep my mind on my money and my money on my mind. Bad move. Thanks for listening anyway as I don't think they're going to fix this, but, there's always hope.

Dec 16, 2021 6:02 PM in response to fitzwilly13

I have a iTunes balance and it is not the same as my Apple balance. It bounces in and out as being the same. I have never understood that but knew the money was there.

Willy - Sometimes the amount does not refresh immediately after a transaction. If you log out and back in to refresh it, it should be the same across those readings.

iTunes Balance in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.