You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain

My iPhone battery is draining fast after 15.2 update anyone can help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 1:57 AM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2021 8:03 PM in response to Hsai99

Hey there Hsai99,

Being able to rely on as long lasting of a battery is important, and we'd like to help look into what's draining your battery so quickly.

Let's start with better understanding what's happening, along with ruling out some basics:

1. How long does your iPhone last from a full charge?
  2. How long ago did you update to iOS 15.2? Battery life may be less than expected for a short time after updating. This occurs due to it downloading app data, syncing contacts, indexing search results, and completing the digital housekeeping for a new update.
  3. Is it being used within its temperature range? Check for the range near the top here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold
  4. Any app updates? Check out: How to manually update apps on your Apple device
  5. Have you already tried any battery tips? Let us know if you’ve already been trying all of these for at least 48 hours after updating to iOS 15.2: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

We look forward to hearing about these details in your next message. Take care until then!

Dec 16, 2021 8:07 PM in response to Hsai99

Hsai99 Said:

"battery drain: My iPhone battery is draining fast after 15.2 update anyone can help"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Battery Draining:

I. Battery Drain Info:

The iPhone battery will drain, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. As for how fast it would drain the battery, that would depend on the Battery Health and the volume (sound) you use.

1. Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

II. Troubleshooting the Battery:

Dec 21, 2021 6:39 AM in response to TheLittles

I have this problem too. My battery drains very quickly. My battery health is at 91%. I do have an iPhone 6S. I don't use it a ton. Just this morning, my battery was at 95%. I logged into my banking app and the battery dropped to 10% before I could drill down into my account. I had no other apps open. It shouldn't burn that much power that quickly. It then took about 20 minutes for the charge to get back to 100% - and I wasn't using a fancy, quick charger. I've had my batter replaced a couple of times in the past several years. Something is definitely wrong.

Dec 21, 2021 8:08 PM in response to ETXD88

Yeah, I have been experiencing similar issues since I updated to 15.2 about 5 days ago as well. Apple seems to have broken something with their latest update. I reached out the their support, they don't know how to handle or work around this issue. My phone became essentially unusable as the battery appears completely discharged (while it doesn't seem to be true, as it may also jump to 20-40% after you turn the phone on again) a couple hours after it was 100%, and it automatically turns off.

Dec 21, 2021 9:08 PM in response to ETXD88

ETXD88 Said:

"I have this problem too. My battery drains very quickly. My battery health is at 91%. I do have an iPhone 6S.[...] Itshouldn't burn that much power that quickly. It then took about 20 minutes for the charge to get back to 100% - and I wasn't using a fancy, quick charger"

-------

Time for a New iPhone?

The percentage is all just a gustation on Apple's part. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when it gets to 80%. My former iPhone (iPhone 6) had the battery replaced thrice, and every time afterwards, it would work just fine, eventually dropping to 80%. Note that the percentage can increase as well. It's because it's a guestimation. So, consider upgrading to a newer phone to avoid a draining battery.

battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.