You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout & heart rate

My iWatch5 tracks my heartrate when I do a swim work out but it doesn't measure when I do a walk workout. It doesn't matter if Heard Rate is on or off. How do I get Workout to measure heart rate when I walk?

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 1:01 PM

My Heart Rate was not working in Workout as well. It turned out to be ‘Power Saving Mode’ needed to be turned off in the watch app.

On your iPhone > Watch App > Workout > Power Saving Mode (switch to off). That fixed it for me.

3 replies

Dec 17, 2021 11:33 AM in response to CuriousPD

Hello CuriousPD,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about your Apple Watch not gathering heart rate when walking. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Specifically, check out the section labeled "What else affects your heart rate reading"

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Workout & heart rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.