You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile hotspot not connecting to my tv

I am trying to connect my iPhones hotspot to my new Samsung smart tv as I don’t have Wi-Fi in my home.

I have tried restarting both devices and my boyfriends phone connects to both my hotspot and the tvs hotspot okay.

do you know why this is?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 1:13 PM

Good day to you Aoifeaok98, 

It sounds like when attempting to connect your TV to your iPhone’s hotspot, the connection is not succeeding. 

Can you tell us a bit more about what happens when you try to establish the connection? Is there an error message? If we’ve understood correctly, you mentioned that the TV also broadcasts its own hotspot, which your boyfriend’s phone connects with. Will your iPhone connect to the hotspot the TV broadcasts? 

The following article also goes over some steps to take when having a issue with Personal Hotspot - If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular

Thanks. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2021 1:13 PM in response to Aoifeaok98

Good day to you Aoifeaok98, 

It sounds like when attempting to connect your TV to your iPhone’s hotspot, the connection is not succeeding. 

Can you tell us a bit more about what happens when you try to establish the connection? Is there an error message? If we’ve understood correctly, you mentioned that the TV also broadcasts its own hotspot, which your boyfriend’s phone connects with. Will your iPhone connect to the hotspot the TV broadcasts? 

The following article also goes over some steps to take when having a issue with Personal Hotspot - If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular

Thanks. 

Mobile hotspot not connecting to my tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.