You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is my IPhone so, I have my own Apple ID. When I try to update my apps in AppStore, I can’t able to used my Apple ID. Why?? I must put the Apple ID of my boyfriend’s Apple ID and his password.

Why I can’t update my apps in appstore with my Apple ID.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 3:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:33 PM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2021 6:33 PM in response to chemi49

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

Dec 18, 2021 1:53 PM in response to Umeshsanap99

If this is in the iTunes/App Store, see the 3rd link.

See the Apple Support article(s) below. 

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.   *

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.     *

See the Apple Support article(s) below. 

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support.   *

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

If necessary, try Twitter411

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   - 

Jan 15, 2022 12:49 PM in response to bolaji178

You can't update the apps. See the Apple Support article(s) below. 

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support.   *

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   - 

This is my IPhone so, I have my own Apple ID. When I try to update my apps in AppStore, I can’t able to used my Apple ID. Why?? I must put the Apple ID of my boyfriend’s Apple ID and his password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.