You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does service and repair history in iOS 15.2 clear when you reset an iPhone?

I got a replacement iPhone from Asurion and after setting it up, I saw that there was no section for parts and service history, indicating that the iPhone hadn't ever been repaired. But I was wondering if I was wrong and this clears when you reset the iPhone. Can someone help me with this?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:57 PM

iPhones can be refurbished by Apple or by Apple-authorized refurbishers. “Anyone” can’t refurbish an iPhone because only the official refurbishers have access to the needed parts and tools. That doesn’t mean that aren’t unauthorized refurbishers, but those are more correctly called “counterfeiters”

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2021 6:57 PM in response to airbreathinghuman

iPhones can be refurbished by Apple or by Apple-authorized refurbishers. “Anyone” can’t refurbish an iPhone because only the official refurbishers have access to the needed parts and tools. That doesn’t mean that aren’t unauthorized refurbishers, but those are more correctly called “counterfeiters”

Does service and repair history in iOS 15.2 clear when you reset an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.