You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Apple Pages (page layout document) is there a short cut to return to a previous page?

In a page layout document, I am making a Table of Contents. After I set a link, then click "go to page" to check it, I want to use a short cut to return to the page that has the TOC to continue setting links. Does such a short cut exist? or is it possible to make one?

Many thanks!

Diana

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 8:36 AM

Keyboard shortcuts are found on the Pages Help menu. Here is what you are looking for in the Move around within a document section of that listing:

3 replies

Dec 17, 2021 4:18 PM in response to Diane T

If you place the text "TOC" on the Table of contents page, AND ensure that that string does not occur on any other page in the document, you can use command-F to open Find, enter TOC and click Find or > to go directly to the (only) page containing "TOC", where you close the Find panel and carry on.

"TOC" is usd as an example. Any convenient string will work, provided it occurs only on the page you want to get to.

If you have a (small) number of pages, an can recognize each immediately on seeing it, you could place the same three letter string on each, optionally followed by a numeral.

In Find, search for the first three letters. If the one found is not the correct one, click > (or press command-g) to go to the next one.

Regards,

Barry

In Apple Pages (page layout document) is there a short cut to return to a previous page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.