You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage

I am already in a Family icloud storage scheme of 200 gb . This storage is almost. full.

so i could. actually increase my storage space by paying. a little more ,but my son already has a bigger storage plan with apple of 2TB and he does not use all and he has asked me to join his Family sharing i cloud storage plan. So when he sent me the invitation and i clicked to join _it is telling me

"you are already in another. family" - you can be in only one family at a time. To join this family , you need to leave your current family first"

so my question is how do i do it without losing my storage of the first family

thanks mushtakali

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 2:36 AM

You can't. You need to work out in which family group you want to be a member. It's one or the other.

If you are the organiser of your current family group you would need to disband that group to join your son's. It sounds simpler just to upgrade to the 2TB storage plan for your current family group for a small additional monthly fee - and everyone in it can use the space too.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2021 2:36 AM in response to mjhrsh

You can't. You need to work out in which family group you want to be a member. It's one or the other.

If you are the organiser of your current family group you would need to disband that group to join your son's. It sounds simpler just to upgrade to the 2TB storage plan for your current family group for a small additional monthly fee - and everyone in it can use the space too.

Dec 18, 2021 3:20 AM in response to David McKinlay

So I don’t mind joining my sons . And both my wife and myself we would like to join our sons storage plan . My question

how do I get out of the current plan

and if I do do I lose my data’s in the current storage plan

basically what I want is to transfer the current family storage into my sons .

in-order to continue what you are suggesting is expensive becase we r already paying once through my son -

unless someone can pay that

hope u understand the question now

and thanks for your answer

icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.